With the exciting announcement that Stampin' Up will now offer unmounted stamps, still made from red rubber, I am very excited for the change! So excited, I decided to switch my entire stamp collection! True story! I found a bunch of standard CD cases, not the slimline, and I took out the black insert.
I started by placing the stamps in the microwave for about 10 seconds, and I peeled the stamps and the foam from the wood block. This went fairly smoothly. I only lost a few pieces of foam. (I tore them off too quickly.) And now I had a pile of rubber & foam. I then applied a thin layer of Aileen's Tack-It Over & Over to the foam. When it dries, it forms a tacky adhesive, so I can now use my stamps with acrylic blocks.
I started by placing the stamps in the microwave for about 10 seconds, and I peeled the stamps and the foam from the wood block. This went fairly smoothly. I only lost a few pieces of foam. (I tore them off too quickly.) And now I had a pile of rubber & foam. I then applied a thin layer of Aileen's Tack-It Over & Over to the foam. When it dries, it forms a tacky adhesive, so I can now use my stamps with acrylic blocks.
I removed the stickers from the blocks, and added those to the front of the CD case. Now I have a visual for the stamps.
And I am left with a box of sticky wood blocks.
The best part is, I am gaining all kinds of storage space! Take a look at this: There are eight stamp sets in the CD cases vs. four stamp sets in the plastic clam shells boxes!

2 comments:
Wow, what a difference! I like that ... making more room for more stamps! Well done, Pony!
Go Mighty Michel!!
Muah!! Can't wait for mine :}
HUgs, Me
Post a Comment